Storyboard

 Storyboarding has been a long and arduous process, but at last I'm finished. Storyboarding has been somewhat challenging for me since I've had so many visions for this magazine. After all, to quote the article Storyboard Your Way to Success, "The first step in storyboarding is defining the problem to be solved." That's hard to do when your problem is too many ideas! Solidifying the elements I want to keep has been difficult, but I think I finally have an idea for the aesthetic I want to achieve. Having a visual of this is a huge step in solidifying the feel I want to go for. I struggled with the concept refinement of my magazine; however, to quote the article, "An important characteristic of storyboarding is its visual nature - not just the artwork you can include on the boards, but the very fact that the words are listed so that everyone can see and respond to them." Being able to see all the text and visuals laid out helped me flesh out what would really be successful for this magazine.

Once I finally began drawing, the ideas came very quickly. As an artist, finally putting my work into art was very exciting and fun! Planning out all the colors was very stressful, and I highly expect them to change as I use InDesign. I was able to design the masthead in the Shrikhand font I plan on using, and listed all the fonts that I hope to use in my selling line, cover lines, table of contents, and feature articles. 

I did change my concept from a general interest magazine as well as a guide, to just a guide-like, advice filled magazine. It is a clearer concept and has a more defined direction than my original idea, and I feel it fills in more gaps in terms of genres aimed at teen girls. This greatly affected the text and headings in my magazine. However, my vision for the feature article remained largely the same.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decision Day

Creative Critical Reflection Question 4