Production 6: First Interviews
Today I conducted my first interviews with the advisors at the Student Success Center, and it went much better than I expected! I was really nervous, but they were all incredibly cooperative and helpful. I interviewed three people: Kurtis Groene, the volunteer advisor; Cheryl Haller, the head college and future planning advisor; and Davian Spires, scholarship and college advisor.
First, I asked Mr. Groene some questions about volunteering, such as when to begin volunteering and how it can affect your chances of getting into colleges. He gave me many concise answers; since most of my article will focus on the admission and decision process, this is perfect, as I won't have to shorten much of what he said.
Next, I spoke with Davian Spires, the scholarship and college advisor. He provided a lot of valuable information in the interview. He explained scholarships in depth and how they help students, as well as general advice for narrowing your college options. His answers will fit very smoothly into the first part of the article.
Last, I interviewed Cheryl Haller, our head college advisor. She provided a wealth of information on how to choose schools to apply to, as well as what might be needed in an application. She was eager to answer all my questions in great detail, and will hopefully be my main source for the second part of my article.
Later in the week, I'm going to text my friend Emily, who is a senior at the University of Delaware, some questions about her perspective of the process. Then my interviews will be complete!

Comments
Post a Comment