Production 5: Cover

 Today is when I started downloading and importing the images into Indesign. I've had my page layout set up for a while now, as well as some typography, but this is the first time I've actually put some images together. First of all, I'm very happy with how the cover looks.



It suits my theme really well, and I think it looks professional since it focuses on Madi, who is in the foreground. It also goes well with my goldish-yellow masthead. I'm not sure which color I should choose for my cover lines, as the mise en scène doesn't allow the gold color to be seen. I'm currently using white with a blue outline, which might work but is still hard to see in some areas.  Either way, I've been using the Swatch menu to experiment with different tones. I discovered that you can use PANTONE shades and add them to a swatch library, which has proved immensely useful. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep the images I have for the table of contents. I'm not sure why, but I feel as if they're too much, and too chaotic for a table of a contents. I'll keep using the black arrow tool and test out some different layouts until I feel satisfied. Perhaps I should try a different combination. Either way, I'm happy with the images and I'll find a place for most of them in my pages. I'm glad I took photos that have versatility in my theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard

Decision Day

Creative Critical Reflection Question 4