Post Production: Color Editing and Rearrangement
After making edits based on my peer review and my own ideas, I feel that my magazine is truly ready to be published. When I originally published it, I felt accomplished, but after a few days I felt like it wasn't quite its best. Now that I've made my edits, I think my magazine has reached its full potential.
I worked on the edits page by page. For the cover, minimal changes were made, but it looks better now; I shifted some of the text on the cover with the black arrow tool to make it easier to read. I also made a very slight change in the color of my selling line by editing its swatches in the CC library, so it was more visible.
The table of contents underwent the most change. I made a completely new marigold graphic in Photoshop, and this time I added some blue flowers and green leaves to add variety. I'm very happy with how it came out, and it fits perfectly on the page. I shifted all the text onto one side by changing the alignment of each text box, and moved it using the black arrow tool. This seems a lot neater in my opinion, and put the image I had of Madi into a circular frame using the Elliptical Frame tool to fit it onto the page easier. It fits the girly, modern style very well. I also changed the color of the feature article using the CC swatches to add more color variety, and made it the same blue as the flowers.
The only element of the feature article that changed were the heading colors. I made them a slightly lighter blue using the Color Editor for better visibility, and changed the color of the title as well, to make it pop from the background image.
I'm really excited to present my magazine! Months of hard work and consideration have gone into these pages, and now I think I'm finally satisfied with how it looks.
Comments
Post a Comment